We'll put your fluids in motion
Mixing is the movement of fluids and solids, which is accomplished by an agitation source. An agitator is a device or mechanism to put something into motion by shaking or stirring.
How it works
A mixer, or agitator, is a machine installed in a tank to achieve the desired process or product in the tank. PG are the world wide market leader for mud agitators. Learn about our PG Submix Mud Agitator.
Typical processes we solve are;
- Agitation to avoid sediments in the low part of a tank. Sediments is a typical challenge for waste water treatment plants, in drilling muds tanks, scrubber sludge tanks and fish ensilage tanks.
- Agitation to maintain the tank product homogeneous. When drilling mud is used and pumped down in the well it is essential that it has the correct density and desired viscosity. By using the correct agitators the density and viscosity can be guarantied in the hole tank volume.
- Mixing to blend products mechanically. Fish waste should be treated with enzymes, acids or other chemicals as fast as possible. The most efficient way to stabilize the ensilage is to use a mixer in the tank. Mixing is the way to ensure that the minimum of spent chemical can treat the maximum of ensilage.
- Heat exchange. The tank wall can be used as a heat exchanger. To increase the heat transfer an agitator is used to increase the velocity of the fluid inside the tank.
The challenge we solve together
To have a successful agitation in the tank we need to know the tank geometry and fluid physical properties (density, particle size and content, viscosity and temperature).
It is important to understand the process in the tank.
- What enters the tank?
- What should happen in the tank?
- What should the optimum product be for the downstream process?
Based on the given information we will calculate the correct PG-SUBMIX to solve your motion challenges.
Read more: PG Submix Mud Agitator
Image: Illustration of a Submix agitator in a mud tank
How we do it
PG Flow Solutions have delivered agitators and mixers from the early 1980`s. We know how to make your liquids move.
The optimum rheology was discovered by laboratory scaled test. Based on the laboratory tests scale up rules were established and are still in use. By selling more than 3 000 PG-SUBMIX worldwide without any claim related to the rheology it is considered as proven technology.
The design guidelines are the same today as in the 80's.
We find the optimum impeller geometry to the process and the tank to minimize the energy consumption. Place the impeller at the correct location in the tank. Install the drive directly coupled to the impeller to avoid energy transition by gearboxes and shafts.
When the process is not verified by previous installations PG will do a CFD analysis of the tank and agitator to verify the rheology and the required installed power.
All PG-SUBMIX are built in the PG workshop in Sande Norway. Typical materials are Steel, Stainless steel and Super duplex steel.
Read more: PG Submix Mud Agitator
Explore how we solve your flow challenges.
We're ready to discover and discuss your opportunities.
Browse through some of the typical application areas we assist our customers with.
No matter what flow challenge you face, we have the experience and expertise to choose the right solution, components and technology to solve your challenges.
Our customers are of different size and industries. The common denominator is that they have a challenge with flow, both fluids, solids and live materials.
Our strong customer focus, innovative mind-set, unique pumping concepts, high-quality engineering and dedicated service team ensures overall performance with handling of your flow challenges.
Describe your challenge.
In cooperation with technical supervisors and the workshop, we will draw the first solution concepts in the form of descriptions, sketches or models to solve your challenge.
We proceed with GA drawings, which illustrates dimensions and functionality. Together we discuss, test and optimize.
Now, let's build it!
We cut, bend, machine, weld, assemble, treat and test a variety of component in-house. From design we have detailed steel drawings that describes which parts we must process.
When all the steel parts have been made and welded together, we will normally carry out surface treatment with paint or acid pickling.
We'll take care of you.
For some projects, our presence will be needed to carry out assembly and commissioning, other times the customer takes care of this process with support from us.
Our main goal is to verify that the systems and components are installed and operate according to project- and client requirements.