Tornado - A revolution in gentle fish handling
Securing the highest level of fish welfare is important to deliver high quality products in the aquaculture industry.
PG-Tornado has a unique ability to safely transfer fish due to the rotating equipment being isolated from the fish transfer channel. This opts for improved fish-welfare and reduced mortality rate, compared to existing technology.
With a flexible regulation of pumping capacity, PG-Tornado allows for a more effective and easy to control process than ever.
Product development and optimalization with CFD-analyses, performance tests at our in-house test facility, and design verification with SINTEF's sensorfish has resulted in a revolution in gentle fish handling while securing efficient transport.
Download product sheet:
- Gentle pumping of live fish
- No moving parts in contact with the fish
- Quiet in operation
- High capacity, 2000m3/h
- Head: 3 - 5 meters
- Produced in seawater-resistant Duplex (pickled)
- Designed and produced i Norway
- DN500 flanges
- Hydraulic powered motor
- SINTEF tested
- Horizontal and vertical configurations available
- Pressure tested at 2 bar
Other news / media:
- Kystmagasinet: Frøy velger nyutviklet fiskepumpe til avlusningsfartøy (Norwegian)
- Bladet Vesterålen: Verden venter på Tornado (Norwegian )